PURPOSE / SCOPE:
ICOM is committed to providing a safe, academically-focused environment. This policy provides guidelines for visitors to the ICOM Campus.
- Presence in the learning environment is restricted to enrolled student doctors and/or authorized visitors with a legitimate academic purpose. Any individual not registered as a student doctor, employed by ICOM or employed as a contractor is considered a visitor.
- Non-registered student doctors, guests and visitors are required to sign in at the security desk and provide a legitimate educational purpose for visiting the campus.
- ICOM faculty must ensure that the individuals present in their classes are enrolled student doctors and/or visitors with a legitimate, authorized, academic purpose. Guests and/or visitors may not attend a class without prior permission from the Course Director and faculty member providing the learning session.
- Individuals under the age of 18 entering an ICOM facility must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or adult representative at all times. ICOM is not responsible for unaccompanied minors.
- Guest and visitor conduct are not permitted to interfere with the ICOM educational process or learning environment.
- Guests and visitors at ICOM are expected to abide by all campus policies, procedures and rules, including rules governing ICOM student doctor conduct, as well as all applicable local, city, state, and federal policies, ordinances, laws and regulations. ICOM reserves the right to remove or restrict guests and visitors from its facilities who violate these guidelines or who cause disruptions to programs, activities, services and/or classes, or for any other reason deemed necessary by the college.
When attending a class, visitors and guests are asked to observe the following
class room étiquette:
- Arrive on time and remain for the entire class
- Visitors are generally asked to refrain from asking questions and participating in discussions
- Photography and videography of any kind is strictly prohibited
- Some courses may be unavailable to visitors without notice due to examinations or other special course activities, for example anatomy laboratories and activities involving patient simulations and standardized patients
Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs