PURPOSE / SCOPE:
Detail information on Group Study Room and usage.
POLICY AND PROCEDURE:
ICOM has 24 group study rooms available for student use. These group study rooms are intended to support the academic work of ICOM students. All rooms all have a whiteboard, a TV monitor, and an Apple TV. The four rooms in the library have tables that can be raised. Each room has the capacity for nine people and preference is given to group vs individual use of the study rooms. Reservations can be made by using the Teem link on the student iPads. Reservations are strongly recommended.
We ask that those using the group study rooms abide by the following guidelines:
- All students must log in to the reservation software in order to book a room
- Students may reserve study rooms in 2 hour blocks for up to 4 hours per day
- Rooms may be reserved up to 1 day in advance
- Reservations will be canceled if the room is not occupied within 10 minutes of the reservation
- Preference is given to group use and individuals may be asked to leave the study room if a group needs the space
- Group members may not reserve a room consecutively in order to bypass the four-hour limit
- Study rooms should be left clean for the next users. This includes wiping down the whiteboards/glass
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended in a study room and leaving belongings in a room will not serve as a means to hold a room for later use
- When not reserved, study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Students are asked to maintain a moderate noise level as the study rooms are not soundproof
Students who do not follow the above guidelines may lose study room privileges.
PRIMARY POLICY OWNER:
Senior Director of Facilities