PURPOSE / SCOPE:
Guidelines for the issuance of keys.
In order to protect the privacy and safety of the employees, the following policies and procedures will be enforced concerning the issuance and use of keys at Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Keys will be issued to regular employees of the College and will be limited to buildings, offices, furniture, and equipment assigned to that employee. Keys and access to Laboratories will be issued only after the approval from the appropriate Lab Supervisor.
- Employees are not permitted to give or loan their keys to anyone for any reason without approval of the Director of Facilities Operations.
- Keys will be assigned to an Individual employee, not a department.
- Key requests will be made by the department head and approved by the Director of Facilities Operations.
- Employees must notify the Director of Facilities Operations and Supervisor of any lost keys.
Human Resources will be notified of unreturned keys. Department supervisors should assist with the collections of keys for employees leaving their respective area. All keys should be returned to the Director of Facilities Operations.
Senior Director of Facilities